The objective of the qualification is to educate learners in common mental health problems related to work such as stress, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The qualification includes how to actively listen and have a conversation, provide suggestions but empower the individual to make their own decisions on how to best provide assistance in difficult times. Learners will also gain an understanding of laws that apply to the workplace associated with mental health.
This qualification forms part of the QA Mental Health suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on the
- QA training providers, subject matter experts and in-depth research in the area of mental health.
This QA qualification is for people who wish to:
- Raise their awareness of the signs and symptoms associated with mental health problems both related to the workplace and in the general public.
- Be able to actively listen and feel confident to have a conversation with individuals suffering potential mental ill-health.
- Be able to assist with policy writing and risk assessments for mental health in the workplace.
- Direct anyone with potential mental health problems to a reliable source of support both internally and externally.
This qualification specification provides information for Centres about the delivery of the QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) and includes approval requirements, assessment methods and quality assurance arrangements.
COURSE DURATION: 14 hrs. Can be delivered online.
QUALIFICATION: This regulated qualification is externally accredited by Qualsafe.