Our comprehensive RED MED online course encompasses the same didactic material covered in the on-site course and the RED MED book. This adaptable platform empowers participants to learn at their own pace, one module at a time. Tailored for healthcare professionals and support staff within rescue, expedition, disaster response, wilderness, industrial, and security teams, this course offers a diverse range of content.
Topics covered include Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT), wilderness and environmental subjects, survival techniques, expedition planning, logistics, telemedicine, point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS), landmines, risk management, medical emergency response planning, and even addressing active shooter incidents, among other pertinent subjects.
Our programme has been granted accreditation from the UK CPD Certification Service, ensuring the acquisition of continuing professional development (CPD) credits. Furthermore, it is recognised for contributing towards Fellowship in the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) credits through the esteemed Wilderness Medical Society.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Risk Management
- Operational Planning & Personal Preparation
- Helicopter Safety
- Helicopter Short Haul
- Communications & Telemedicine
- Equipment Selection
- Safety & Security
- Hierarchy of Rescue
- Search & Rescue Operations
- Infectious Disease
- Disaster Response
- Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS)
- Active Shooter Incidents
- Altitude Illness, Bites and Stings, Cold Injury, Bleeding Control, Heat Illness
- Crush Injury, Suspension Syndrome
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will gain:
- Updated wilderness medicine knowledge encompassing scene management, operational planning, patient assessment, management, and evacuation.
- Essential preparatory and safety insights, crucial for seamless integration and effective operation within rescue, expedition, or disaster response teams.
- The prerequisites needed to partake in our adventure-based on-site courses.
- Additionally, current WMS FAWM candidates are eligible for FAWM credits.
- A total of 47 continuing professional development (CPD) credits, a testament to your commitment to ongoing education and excellence.
- For a supplementary fee of $75, participants can obtain a CME certification that awards 47.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s).